Nose surgery or rhinoplasty
A rhinoplasty to improve the nasal contours is an often performed procedure. It can also be used to relieve breathing problems.
What can a rhinoplasty do for you?
- alter the size of the nose
- remodel the nose tip, the bridge of the nose
- correct the angle between the upper lip and the nose
- septoplasty (straightening the nasal septum).
Your plastic surgeon will examine you in detail and, if needed, take photographs. If necessary, a test will be carried out to determine whether you have problems breathing through your nose. You will be informed of the precise manoeuvres that will be carried out and whether your expectations can be met.
- swelling, pain and bruising
- wound problems
- perforation of the septum
- damage to the deeper structures
- difficulty breathing
- impaired sense of smell or sensation.