- On this page you will find information about the organisation and the administration of the Royal Belgian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (RBSPS), and of the Professional Association of Belgian Plastic Surgeons (GBS).
- The RBSPS, scientific organisation, is a non-profit association (VZW / ASBL). The directing Administrative Board in charge is elected for a period of two years. The General Assembly of the members is held at the end of the Spring Meeting.
- The Professional Association is a professional union and depends on the Belgian Group of Medical Specialists (GBS). The General Meeting takes place at the same time as the one of the Scientific Society. An Administrative Board is also then elected.
- In 2007, under the impulsion of their two General Meetings, the Administrative Board of the RBSPS and the Professional Association decided to unite into one entity for practical efficiency reasons.
- President RBSPS and GBS : Dr Jean Van Geertruyden (Brussels)
- President-elect RBSPS and GBS : Dr. Alexis Verpaele (Gent)
- Ex-President RBSPS and GBS : Prof Moustapha Hamdi (Brussels) - Dr Gaëtan Willemart (Brussels)
- Treasurer RBSPS and GBS : Dr Steven Colpaert (Antwerpen)
- Secretary RBSPS and GBS : Dr Pascal Castus (Brussels)
- Advisors : Dr Maude Coyette - Dr Nicolas Cuylits (Brussels) - Dr Xavier Nelissen (Liège)
- Advisor Aesthetics : Dr Ivar van Heijningen (Knokke)
- Advisor Microsurgery : Prof Assaf Zeltzer (Brussels)
- Advisor Paediatric Plastic Surgery : Dr Diane Franck (Brussels)
- Advisor Research : Prof Benoit Hendrickx (Brussels)
- Advisor International Communication : Prof Jan Vranckx (Leuven)
- Advisor GBS / VBS : Dr Marianne Mertens (Antwerpen)
- Webmaster RBSPS : Dr Filip Stillaert (Gent)
RBSPS = Royal Belgian Society of Plastic Surgery
GBS = Professional Association of Belgian Plastic Surgeons